EVERY CHILD MATTERS
Early Years Foundation Stage
The overarching principals of the EYFS are:
- Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships.
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their learning responds to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between teachers and parents and or carers.
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates. The framework covers the education and care of all children in the early years provision, including children with special educational needs and disabilities.
- The areas of learning and development are separated into the following specific areas:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social & Emotional Development
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Arts and Designs
Further information regarding the EYFS can be found on the UK Government Website.
Routine of the day
Each room follows the same routine but the time where free play or group activities are available these are tailored to each room and the themes they are working on. Each room will choose a theme for each month as well as celebrating lots of events throughout the year.
|09:00 -10:15/30||Free play/ focused activities/ garden time|
|10:30-11:10||Free play/ focused activities/ garden time|
|11:10-11:30||Circle time (Singing or story time)|
|11:30-2:30||Lunch and nap/quiet time|
|2:30-3:30||Free play/ focused activities/ garden time|
|4:00-6:00||Free play/ focused activities/ circle time|
Every room has access to the garden through out the day and learning in the outside environment is very important so all learning can take place both inside and outside. We encourage the children to go out in all weathers!
All families will have access to a online portal called Famly this is a platform where parents will be given feedback about their child’s day at nursery. This will also have a learning journal which will document their child’s journey at nursery including all their observations which are linked to the EYFS as well as development matters.